Cornerstone Animal Hospital is proud to offer laser therapy, a non-invasive treatment option that uses specific wavelengths of light to interact with tissue and accelerate the healing process. It’s a pain-free, surgery-free, and drug-free treatment designed to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and increase the speed of healing. Suitable for both dogs and cats, laser therapy is an effective treatment for a variety of ailments and conditions, including:
Conditions Treated with Laser Therapy:
- Arthritis: Reduces inflammation and pain, increasing mobility in affected joints.
- Wound Healing: Speeds up the healing process of cuts, bites, and abrasions.
- Post-Surgical Recovery: Promotes faster healing post-operatively and reduces pain.
- Dental Procedures: Reduces inflammation and pain following extractions and other dental work.
- Skin Conditions: Helps treat infections, hot spots, and lick granulomas.
- Ear Infections: Reduces inflammation and pain in the ear canal.
- Sprains and Strains: Aids in the recovery of musculoskeletal injuries.
How Laser Therapy Works
Laser therapy stimulates the body’s natural healing processes by emitting a coherent light that is absorbed by the cells. This process, known as photobiomodulation, increases cellular energy, which leads to a decrease in inflammation, pain relief, and accelerated tissue repair. During a laser therapy session, your pet will experience a gentle and soothing warmth as the laser is administered, which most pets find relaxing and even enjoyable.
The Benefits of Laser Therapy
- Non-Invasive: No surgery required.
- No Medication: A great option for pets who cannot tolerate certain medications.
- Pain Relief: Provides significant relief from pain without side effects.
- Quick Sessions: Each session is quick, typically taking only a few minutes.
- No Sedation Required: Pets remain awake and comfortable throughout the treatment.
We’re dedicated to offering the latest advancements in veterinary care and laser therapy is among the most innovative treatments available. Our trained veterinary team is experienced in delivering precise laser treatments, ensuring your pet’s comfort and safety at all times. If your pet is suffering from pain, inflammation, or slow healing, ask us if laser therapy could be an effective treatment option. Contact us today to learn more or to schedule a consultation. Rest assured, your pet’s well-being is our utmost priority. We are here to provide the care they need with the compassion they truly deserve.